[csw-maintainers] catalog / package name issues

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Feb 27 16:07:13 CET 2012

Hi Ihsan,

Am 27.02.2012 um 15:59 schrieb İhsan Doğan:
> While packaging Email-MIME-Attachment-Stripper, I've run into several
> issues. The package name suggested by Gar is
> CSWpm-email-mime-attachment-stripper. Because the name is too long,
> pkgmk refuses to create a package.
>
> If I shorten the package name to CSWpmemailmimeattachmentstripper,
> checkpkg complains about
>
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWpmemailmimeattachmentstripper +=
> pkginfo-bad-catalogname|pm_email_mime-attachment_stripper
>
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWpmemailmimeattachmentstripper +=
> catalogname-does-not-match-pkgname|pkgname=CSWpmemailmimeattachmentstripper|catalogname=pm_email_mime-attachment_stripper|expected-catalogname=pmemailmimeattachmentstripper
>
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWpmemailmimeattachmentstripper += catalogname-too-long
>
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWpmemailmimeattachmentstripper +=
> pkginfo-opencsw-repository-uncommitted
>
> What would be recommended name for this package?

Please always keep the syntax clean, that means leave the hyphens in place.
If necessary, shorten the package name hard at the end (which GAR could have
done). That means
  CSWpm-email-mime-attachment-stri

The catalog name should include the full module name.

Checkpkg should then be smart enough to not complain (I think it will
complain, but that should be fixed then).