[csw-maintainers] catalog / package name issues

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Feb 28 10:52:01 CET 2012

Hi Maciej,

Am 28.02.2012 um 10:48 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński:
> 2012/2/28 Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>:
>> Maciej: I think this check should only take the max number of chars of
>> the package name into account.
>
> Which of the many package name concepts do you mean?

IIRC we currently have 32 chars max. for package names and 29 chars max. for
the catalog name where usually the package name should equal the catalog name
with the CSW prefix stripped and "-" replaced with "_".

I tend to relax the length of catalog names to whatever is necessary to give
Perl modules a 1:1 naming. The package name would be stripped to 32 chars, though.