[csw-maintainers] What to do when upstream declares Solaris unsupported

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Feb 28 13:28:44 CET 2012

I've been poking VLC in the last days just because it was fun to
fiddle with autotools. I was working around missing posix_memalign,
and when someone on the vlc-devel list sent me a patch that redefines
this function. I suggested testing for posix_memalign and saw this
reply:

"It is not optional. Why would we test for something that is always there
except on broken systems that we do not support?"

http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/vlc-devel/2012-February/086834.html

I didn't see much about Solaris on the VLC website, although they say
it works on Unix. What can we reply to the "unsupported" remark?