[csw-maintainers] Catalog checks via REST

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Jan 2 10:36:35 CET 2012

Hi,

Am 30.12.2011 um 20:06 schrieb Peter Bonivart:
> 2011/12/30 Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>:
>> I've pushed GCC to experimental, but haven't gotten a notification
>> email. I think we might have a bad catalog, and we don't know why.
>
> Do you mean unstable?
>
> In what stage has the process stopped and what stopped it? You could
> upload it into the database after passing checkpkg tests so it's when
> the cron job tries to produce a catalog from the database it breaks,
> probably due to chkcat complaining, right? Couldn't the output of the
> chkcat run always be put on a fixed path browseable? So anyone knowing
> the url for a catalog could check it themselves.
>
> Also, Dago had some performance tips regarding chkcat so maybe it
> could be run when doing the uploading.

I have made an experimental branch "quickloop" for chkcat with improved
loop detection code where the actual loop detection does not take more
time then the other checks (making --nodeps obsolete) and which prints
the detected cycles:
  http://pkgutil.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pkgutil/branches/quickloop/chkcat?revision=434&view=markup