[csw-maintainers] Cyrus imapd update

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue Jan 17 02:56:07 CET 2012

Excerpts from Ben Walton's message of Mon Jan 16 10:55:37 -0500 2012:

> Registrations that failed with a file collision leave things in a
> half baked-state.  In fact, I think the new code likely does this
> too.  I should change the ordering such that files are registered
> for a new package before we touch the other data.  That would let us
> fail early on a package leaving only that table inconsistent.

Thinking more about this, I don't think the proposed change makes
sense...previously, the package didn't hit the catalog if the path
collision checks failed at registration time.  Now, the package is
already on the mirrors by the time the registration code sees it.
Thus, failing early doesn't buy anything and would actually make the
web information less consistent since old version info would be
presented while mirrors and catalogs contained the new version.

Thanks