[csw-maintainers] Fwd: [csw-users] pkgutil says "Catalog is not signed" when using GPG

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Wed Jul 4 16:32:50 CEST 2012

Excerpts from Peter Bonivart's message of Wed Jul 04 05:27:33 -0400 2012:

> Maybe Ben's suggestion about only entering the password on daemon
> startup is better. Assuming the daemon is stable we would avoid this
> even though it hasn't happened frequently.

The daemon does seem stable, I think, so having no expiry on the
passphrase is likely a good option.  We should also abort the push on
signature failure though.  Both of those things together should
provide a much smoother experience.  In the event of signature
failure, mail to the list might be warranted as that's a true anomaly
instead of a periodic event.

Thanks