[csw-maintainers] Trac at SourceForge

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Wed Jul 4 20:12:16 CEST 2012

Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> writes:

> I just got the attached email stating that the hosted apps will be shut down
> on September 1, 2012. For OpenCSW this means essentially Trac. I am not sure yet
> on how to best proceed. We could relatively easy migrate to a self-hosted Trac,
> but probably we should take a step back and rethink what the project needs on a
> broader basis now that effort is needed anyway. For now I would like to collect
> thoughts on the topic :-)

If I'm understanding correctly the situation, SF is decommissioning their
applications, among which Trac. However the user can migrate Trac in
their "web space": what's that?

Still, they will continue to provide
subversion hosting. As you said, is quite easy to migrate the Trac for
our repository, on their infrastructure or on ours. This need to be done
before September.

Lets do that and brainstorm about a bigger change, such as migrating to
git, splitting the repository in smaller chunks, &c.

Consequently, for the moment we should just:

- consider the target of the migration, SF or external;
- call for volunteers for doing the migration before August 31.

My 2 oboloï
--
Peter