[csw-maintainers] netpbm: development package issues

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Thu Jul 5 03:46:18 CEST 2012

Excerpts from Maciej Bliziński's message of Wed Jul 04 15:42:14 -0400 2012:

> > And this can be addressed?
>
> I'm wondering why it's even the case. The integration from catalogs
> to mantis is automated, so everything that's in the catalog should
> also be in mantis. Or there should be some error messages in the
> logs. I guess Ben will have a better idea.

The mantis handling is different than the web database.  The web
database is a clean rebuild from a current catalog.  This eliminated
all of the cruft that had accumulated.  The mantis database is more
involved though, so I've never done a clean rebuild.

I should do a cross reference between a current catalog and the
packages in the database and correct errors though.  While I'm at it,
is it worth completely removing packages that no longer exist?  Right
now, when a package is renamed or removed, I simply mark the package
as hidden.

Thanks