[csw-maintainers] Use of <stdbool.h> is valid only in a c99 compilation environment.

Romeo Theriault romeotheriault at opencsw.org
Sun Jul 8 13:39:52 CEST 2012

Hello, I'm trying to build a python package called msgpack-python.
There are some parts in C that are compiled during the build. Using
the the Sun 'cc' I get this error when building it:

"/usr/include/stdbool.h", line 42: #error: "Use of <stdbool.h> is
valid only in a c99 compilation environment."

I've googled extensively and have tried piles of different
"EXTRA_CFLAGS" (e.g.-std=c99, -xc99=all, -D_STDC_C99 ) but to no
avail. I can't seem to get past this. Does anyone have any suggestion
on how I might work past this problem?

I also tried building the package against gcc and I get this error:

gcc-4.7: error: language code=pic32 not recognized

which I believe is because python was built against the sun 'cc'
compiler. If I manually remove that pic32 CFLAG the package compiles
successfully. Assuming I can't get the program to build against sun's
C compiler, how can I exclude the "pic32" CFLAG so I can get the
package to build against gcc?

Thanks for any help,
Romeo