[csw-maintainers] Openssl migration: status update for group 1

Yann Rouillard yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org
Thu Jul 12 23:54:14 CEST 2012

Hi everybody,

I have again some spare cycles and I want to use them on the openssl
migration so we don't delay indefinitely the release of the group 1.
So here a quick status update:

22 packages are now waiting to be updated or dropped in the group 1, before
we can release the already updated packages.

   - *claws_htmlviewer, claws_mail and libetpan*: I didn't have any
   objection against the removal of these packages, so I will proceed.

   - *boincclient, boinclibs and boincmanager*: Maciej proposed to drop
   these packages, I will ping the maintainer about this but I propose to
   follow this idea unless the maintainer answers or someone else steps up.

   - *gnucash: *Peter, have you been able to made some progress on this
   package ?

   - *libserf0_0 and xmlrpc_c*: Dago noticed that theses packages don't
   have any reverse dependancies, I will remove them unless someone objects.

   - *libgnomecups, libgnomeprint, libbonoboui and gnomevfs2: *Dago, you
   began to work on these libraries. Have you made some progress ? (FYI, I am
   currently trying to continue to work on gnomevfs2).

   - *icecast:* Dago you are the maintainer of this package, do you need
   some help to update it ?

   - *libneon26*: Dago proposed to rebuild or drop as only gstplugins_bad
   depend of this package. Any objection to the removal of gstplugins_bad ?

   - *ooocore:* I had no answer from James, I will ping him again but I
   propose to remove the package from unstable if don't have a quick
   answer. Anyway, the package has not been updated since nearly 3 years.

   - *courier_imap:* juraj, you stepped up to takeover this package. Have
   you made some progress ?

   - *proftpd:* I will directly ping the maintainer and I will try to
   update the existing recipe and I will upload an updated version of the
   package even if the maintainer doesn't answer.

   - *dovecot:* I will directly ping the maintainer to see if he can update
   the package quickly or if he needs some help.

   - *postfix: *as agreed with Juraj, I updated the recipe and compiled the
   package. Juraj can you test and release the package ?

   - *hobbit:* the package has not been updated for 5 years. I propose to
   remove this package from unstable unless someone quickly steps up to
   takeover the package.

   - *libpq:* packages depending on libpq should be recompiled with libpq5.

Thanks in advance for your answers and feedbacks,

Yann