[csw-maintainers] Openssl migration: status update for group 1

Yann Rouillard yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org
Fri Jul 13 23:19:31 CEST 2012

Hi Dago,

2012/7/13 Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>

>    - *libgnomecups, libgnomeprint, libbonoboui and gnomevfs2: *Dago, you
>    began to work on these libraries. Have you made some progress ? (FYI, I am
>    currently trying to continue to work on gnomevfs2).
>

> Not yet, and I will also be away until end of next week :-(

Did you have some compilation problems on the first three packages ? I can
help so we can make some progress while you are away.

>    - *icecast:* Dago you are the maintainer of this package, do you need
>    some help to update it ?
>

> I have reworked it, but I wanted to fix all open bugs at the same time. I
> could release
> a version right now, but the SMF manifest is still missing.

If it was already missing before, it would be better to release now this
new version linked with openssl 1.0.

>    - *libneon26*: Dago proposed to rebuild or drop as only gstplugins_bad
>    depend of this package. Any objection to the removal of gstplugins_bad ?
>

> The problem is that neon_stub (CSWneon) depends on libneon26 and lots of
> packages still depend on CSWneon, so this requires
> a rebuild of neon dropping foreign dependency to libneon26. Catalog
> integrity as a whole should be taken a close look when
> dropping packages. I think package chains like this are currently not
> looked by default.

According to the webpage, the reverse dependancies of libneon26 are
only: gstplugins_bad, ooocore and pysvn.
Are there other reverse dependancies not shown ?

Maciej, you are the maintainer of pysvn. Could you rebuild it again
libneon27 ?

>    - *hobbit:* the package has not been updated for 5 years. I propose to
>    remove this package from unstable unless someone quickly steps up to
>    takeover the package.
>

> IIRC Jürgen wanted to take a look at this.
>

>    - *libpq:* packages depending on libpq should be recompiled with
>    libpq5.
>
> This affects the following packages:
>
> aide <http://www.opencsw.org/packages/aide>Advanced Intrusion Detection
> Environmentcourier_auth <http://www.opencsw.org/packages/courier_auth>Generic
> authentication API for Courier mail servicesdovecot<http://www.opencsw.org/packages/dovecot>Secure
> IMAP serverphp5_pdopgsql <http://www.opencsw.org/packages/php5_pdopgsql>The
> pdopgsql extention for PHP5php5_pgsql<http://www.opencsw.org/packages/php5_pgsql>The
> pgsql extention for PHP5pm_dbdpg<http://www.opencsw.org/packages/pm_dbdpg>
>
> I think most of them are already rebuild.

I just checked and courier_auth, dovecot and pm_dbdpg still have to be
rebuilt.

Yann