[csw-maintainers] csw-upload-pkg error

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Jul 19 19:48:44 CEST 2012

2012/7/19 Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>:
> "Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński" <maciej at opencsw.org> writes:
>
>> 2012/7/19 Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>
>>> I did do a release and installed it on login. Aha! Not upgraded on the buildfarm.
>>
>> On the second thought, cswutils should only be installed on login.
>>
>>> Also, /opt/csw/bin/checkpkg is broken! Don't use it. Use the one from
>>> gar sources. And make sure to check your package before uploading.
>>
>> I removed it from login so that it doesn't mislead people.
>
> It doesn't mislead people anymore but csw-upload-pkg doesn't work
> anymore as it calls what you removed.
>
> Either install checkpkg through its package, if any, or write down the
> procedure to upload a package; until now, the procedure was to use
> csw-upload-pkg on login...

Yes, you're right. Unfortunately, we can't remove /opt/csw/bin/checkpkg.

The part of /opt/csw/bin/checkpkg that's broken is the pkgtrans part.
So /opt/csw/bin/checkpkg can analyze a package if the metadata are
already imported. If it's a package that was never seen before, the
checkpkg from the sources must be used.

Of course we want to restore the ability of /opt/csw/bin/checkpkg to
import unseen packages, but it's generally been a problem. But the
workaround is simple: just run checkpkg from gar sources. Once that's
done, /opt/csw/bin/checkpkg will not try to pkgtrans the package and
the upload will work (provided there are no errors).

For now, I restored /opt/csw/bin/checkpkg. I'll dig into it when have
a little time, unless somebody else beats me to it.