[csw-maintainers] Please review build recipe for python project xpra

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Jul 25 13:55:06 CEST 2012

Hi Carsten,

Am 24.07.2012 um 21:58 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński:
> 2012/7/24 Carsten Grzemba <grzemba at contac-dt.de>:
>> it works but it looks a little confused about the install target. It seems
>> to be that the
>> $ python setup.py install
>> step always does a build before.
>> Can I configure this more elegantly?
>
> It could be the way the xpra build system is written (I haven't looked).

The include should be always before the first added rule or strange things can happen.
I reordered it and made some tiny fixed. Some suggestions:
- Do not build against OpenCSW X11 as it is hazardous
- Move xpra out of lang-python, this is for python modules or things with CSWpy- prefix
  whereas xpra seems to be a normal program which just happens to be written in python.
- Try to build it on the packages installed on the build farm, if it compiles and there
  are further issues please post so I can have a look and reproduce the issue.