[csw-maintainers] openssl relinking effort

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Thu Jun 7 03:19:24 CEST 2012

Hi All,

If you're maintaining a package the links with openssl and you haven't
re-rolled your package to use the newly released 1.0.0, I'd like to
solicit a few of your cycles to do so.

We currently have a situation where many programs will end up pulling
in both library versions (0.9.8 and 1.0.0) at runtime causing some of
them to explode.

I was thinking that we could organize a somewhat informal hack-a-thon
and do a G+ hangout while we batch update lots of these packages.
It's getting into vacation time so this might be hard to organize, but
is there interest?

Thanks