[csw-maintainers] openssl relinking effort

Yann Rouillard yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org
Fri Jun 8 15:28:04 CEST 2012

Traditionnally, these two libraries are always shipped in one package in
all distributions I saw, but don't see a real disadvantage to separate them
in two packages.

I don't see neither a strong advantage in practice. As libssl depend on
libcrypto and libssl is a dependancy of a lot of common packages, I think
users will seldom benefit from the reduction of the dependancy footprint
and they will very often have both libraries installed (but I don't have
real numbers on user installation to support that).

So I am interested in hearing other opinions, but for now I am ready to
follow whatever the consensus is.

Yann