[csw-maintainers] openssl relinking effort

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Jun 8 15:50:21 CEST 2012

2012/6/8 Yann Rouillard <yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org>:

> 2012/6/8 Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>
>>

>> So there are packages that depend on libcrypto but don't depend on
>> libssl. If we separated libcrypto from libssl, we'd reduce the
>> dependency footprint of ~30 packages (197 - 167) by 1 package.
>

> In fact, you won't reduce the dependancy footprint in terms of numbers of
> packages.
> For the 30 packages you mentioned, the libssl dependancy will be changed in
> a libcrypto dependancy, but the number of dependancies will stay the same.
> However it will increase the dependancy footprint of the 167 packages which
> will depend on one additional package.

Yes, I was thinking of files and bytes footprint, not package numbers.
You're right that 167 packages will have an additional dependency of
libcrypto.

> But of course this will reduce the total size of the dependancies installed
> (by more than 1 Mb) for the ~30 packages.

Right, that's what I had in mind.

These are the packages that depend (in terms of actual binaries, not
in terms of declared 'depend' files) on libcrypto but not on libssl:

CSWlibarchive2
CSWwireshark
CSWlibldns1
CSWcfengine3server
CSWcfengine
CSWlibbind
CSWldnsdrill
CSWcfengine3client
CSWossh
CSWntp
CSWrdesktop
CSWbind
CSWtcpdump
CSWpmcryptosslbignum
CSWsaslauthd
CSWcfengine3utils
CSWlibslp1
CSWsasl
CSWlibwireshark0
CSWbindutils
CSWopenslp
CSWlibarchive-utils
CSWcvs
CSWunbound-host
CSWlibtorrent
CSWyapet
CSWlibfbopenssl0
CSWnsd
CSWosshclient

It turns out to be 29 packages, because libssl itself does not count.

Maciej

P.S. Carsten, your code came in handy again! Thanks!