[csw-maintainers] openssl relinking effort

Yann Rouillard yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org
Fri Jun 8 16:35:20 CEST 2012

2012/6/8 Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org>

> > I think we should rather re-arrange the wiki page to group packages
> > which need to be uploaded together.  I will try to do this.
>
> This is a good idea too.

This is done:
http://wiki.opencsw.org/project-openssl

However, the resultat is that there is a group of 80 packages which should
be released together to avoid a dual linking runtime situation for any of
them or for their reverse dependancies.

Hmm, this will be hard to do and in fact, as libcurl4 has already been
rebuilt, there are already a lot of packages which have that problem (more
than the ones I highlighted in bold in fact).

What are the cases of breakage that have already been found for this dual
linking problem ?

Yann