[csw-maintainers] GAR: BUILD_ARGS when custom build scripts

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sat Jun 9 20:12:34 CEST 2012

Excerpts from Peter FELECAN's message of Sat Jun 09 12:54:02 -0400 2012:

Hi Peter,

> This is what I've done. But there is the BUILD_ARGS variable which can
> add extra arguments to the default build. My question is related to
> this: how to add custom arguments to custom builds?
>
> BTW, I use the following construct:
>
> build-foo:
>     PATH="/opt/csw/gnu:$$PATH" $(MAKE) -C $(WORKSRC)
>     $(MAKECOOKIE)

So if I understand what your recipe might be, you'd have:

BUILD_SCRIPTS = foo
BUILD_SCRIPTS += bar
BUILD_SCRIPTS += baz

build-foo:

build-bar:

build-baz:

If you have multiple targets, wouldn't you just use custom options in
the custom targets, factoring any commonality into a variable that
they all reference?

Maybe I'm still missing what you're attempting to do though...

Thanks