[csw-maintainers] [csw-buildfarm] request to install CSWlibglib2-dev

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sat Jun 16 17:57:42 CEST 2012

Hi Peter,

Am 16.06.2012 um 10:40 schrieb Peter FELECAN:
> Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> writes:

>>> pfelecan at unstable9s :~/opencsw/libgnet/trunk > pkginfo CSWlibglib2-dev
>>> ERROR: information for "CSWlibglib2-dev" was not found
>>>
>>> pfelecan at login [login]:~ > ssh unstable9x
>>> Last login: Tue Jun 12 10:08:19 2012 from login.bo.opencs
>>> Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.9       Generic January 2003
>>> -bash-4.2$ pkginfo CSWlibglib2-dev
>>> ERROR: information for "CSWlibglib2-dev" was not found
>>>
>>> What gets?
>>
>> Iirc the glib update was done on Solaris 10 only.
>
> I asked this alreade but got no answers: is there a reason?

Yes. A recent glib/gtk2 is almost unbuildable on Solaris 9 as half of the
testsuite fails (because features are missing). Maybe Rafi can shed some more
light on it.

> Should I package this only for Solaris 10?

If it links to glib/gtk2: yes.

> I'm more and more tempted to package only for Solaris 10 given the
> increasing amount of issues that I encounter. Advice welcome!

Solaris 9 is already deprecated. The rule is like: If it builds out of the box
on Solaris 9, then fine, if there are any issues just move on to Solaris 10 only.