[csw-maintainers] openssl relinking effort

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Sat Jun 16 22:37:48 CEST 2012

2012/6/16 Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org>:
> Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński's message of Fri Jun 15 19:24:16 -0400 2012:
>
>> > - Solaris 9 keeps 0.9.8
>> > - Solaris 10 has 1.0.0
>>
>> OK, so if this is the case, then we need to upload the dev package
>> from 1.0 to the 5.10 catalog.
>
> This is what I thought was happening.

Alright, so we have libssl_dev 1.0.0c in unstable-5.10. This means
that we can no longer build just on Solaris 9 and link against
openssl, because we need different dependencies in 5.9 and 5.10
catalogs.

As time goes but, I wish more and more that we have some sort of GAR
recipe validator. In this case, it would check for libssl
dependencies, and if any were found, it would suggest expanding
PACKAGING_PLATFORMS to Solaris 10.