[csw-maintainers] zeromq build failing on i386: Too many open files (signaler.cpp:300)

Romeo Theriault romeotheriault at opencsw.org
Wed Jun 20 05:02:24 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 6:42 PM, Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> If you build the amd64 version, what happens?

Hi Maciej, thanks for the response. I tried setting

BUILD64_LIBS_ONLY = 1

in my Makefile and rebuilding but it still seems to be building the
32bit version, because all the CFLAGS, LDFLAGS are still showing "-m32
-xarch=pentium_pro", etc... during the build process output.

I also tried setting:

EXTRA_CFLAGS += -xarch=amd64

and it then shows up in the build_process output with "-m32
-xarch=pentium_pro"... but still fails on the test.

Is there a better way I should be trying to build this as amd64?

Also, assuming it does build as 64bit it seems that all applications
that would need to link against it would need to be 64bit as well,
right?  If that's the case I'm not sure building as 64bit is the best
solution.

Just thinking aloud here, any education on the topic would be gladly accepted :)

Thanks,
Romeo