[csw-maintainers] Solaris 9 and amd64

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Sat Jun 23 11:28:14 CEST 2012

We used this hack in which we'd put 5.10 built amd64 binaries into a
5.9 package. It allowed as to label the whole package as a 5.9 one and
because amd64 binaries are never executed under Solaris 9, the package
would just work. It didn't cause problems until now. The OpenSSL
upgrade happens only on Solaris 10, so now we need different
dependencies on Solaris 9 and 10. What happens is that the amd64
binary gets linked to the new OpenSSL, then merged into the 5.9
package which is supposed to only depend on the old OpenSSL. I've seen
Dagobert tackling this in r17426 but this solution has the side effect
that we remove the 64-bit build from sparc as well as intel, which is
probably not what we want. Is there a better way? I tried adding a
reference to $(GARCH) in the MySQL recipe[2], but it didn't work. Any
other ideas?

Maciej

[1] http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/changeset/17426
[2] http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/pkg/mysql5/branches/mysql-5.5.x/Makefile?rev=18507#L144