[csw-maintainers] MySQL built with GCC → mysql config vs bindings

Jonathan Craig jcraig at opencsw.org
Mon Jun 25 13:31:40 CEST 2012

Sorry if this becomes a double post as I thought I sent this last
night.  This also affects language packages such as perl, ruby, etc,
in that end users wishing to compile libraries are forced to put
together a solaris studio environment and potentially forced to
navigate the issues of compiling a gcc oriented module using studio.
As we cannot package a studio install this becomes a source of
consternation for the end user.  I know some of these packages have
offered gcc/studio variants but this becomes a burden for the packager
and in times where cycles are short the GCC variant may become delayed
or non-existent.

Jon