[csw-maintainers] git subtree instead of submodule ...

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Mon Jun 25 18:03:10 CEST 2012

Excerpts from rupert THURNER's message of Sun Jun 24 08:42:48 -0400 2012:

Hi Rupert,

> last year some of us did some experiments with converting / tracking
> opencsw with git. git includes now "subtree", anyone of you has made
> some experiences with it?
> https://raw.github.com/git/git/master/Documentation/RelNotes/1.7.11.txt
> https://github.com/apenwarr/git-subtree/blob/master/git-subtree.txt

I haven't played with this beyond some minor testing I did of the
feature way back[1].  At that time, it didn't solve things in a way
that I really liked but I hadn't thought about applying it to GAR
either...It might be worth a look.

Thanks
-Ben

[1] http://www.opencsw.org/packages/CSWgitsubtree/: I should drop this