[csw-maintainers] Solaris 9 and amd64

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Mon Jun 25 18:28:51 CEST 2012

2012/6/25 Joerg Schilling <Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de>:
>> I think we should both drop Solaris 9 and make gcc the default compiler.
>
> Making gcc the default may be in conflict with trying to use OpenCSW as a
> replacement for Sun's SFW consolidation om OpenSolaris.

Could you expand on that? By using OpenCSW, do you mean using the
build recipes (with potentially altered $(BUILD_PREFIX)) or using the
binary packages? I could imagine source-level cooperation, where two
branches would be similar, with the only difference would be the
compiler setting and required patches.