[csw-maintainers] Openssl 1.0 migration and desktop packages removal

Yann Rouillard yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org
Mon Jun 25 21:56:55 CEST 2012

Hi everyone,

It seems there is a consensus about our focus on server softwares:
http://lists.opencsw.org/pipermail/maintainers/2012-June/016845.html
but so far only gnome stuffs have been removed.

I wonder what we include in desktop packages: are all graphical
applications concerned ?

I am particularly interested because the group 1 of packages to rebuild
with openssl 1.0 contains a set of desktop packages (and some of them are
not maintained anymore).
For exemple, could we remove the following packages ?

   - claws_htmlviewer <http://www.opencsw.org/packages/claws_htmlviewer>,
claws_mail <http://www.opencsw.org/packages/claws_mail> et
libetpan<http://www.opencsw.org/packages/libetpan>
   - grip <http://www.opencsw.org/packages/grip>
   - gnucash <http://www.opencsw.org/packages/gnucash>
   - ooocore <http://www.opencsw.org/packages/ooocore>
   - bzflag <http://www.opencsw.org/packages/bzflag> (it's a 3D game so
rather desktop no ?)

That would allow us to remove these libraries:
    - libgnomeprint <http://www.opencsw.org/packages/libgnomeprint>
    - libgnomecups <http://www.opencsw.org/packages/libgnomecups>

I am also asking the question for gthumb and gvim, because that's the two
last packages that will depend on these libraries (if the previous packages
are removed):
   - libgnome <http://www.opencsw.org/packages/libgnome>
   - libbonoboui <http://www.opencsw.org/packages/libbonoboui>
   - gnomevfs2 <http://www.opencsw.org/packages/gnomevfs2>

Carsten Grzemba, why did you want to keep gthumb ?

Yann