[csw-maintainers] Autoconf 2.13

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Mar 7 10:44:01 CET 2012

Hi Maciej,

Am 07.03.2012 um 08:49 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński:
> One of packages I want to build, requires autoconf-2.13 (1999), and
> nothing later. I built a package with autoconf-2.13:
>
> http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/pkgdb/srv4/c34a5709eefd009df031358dbdb38db9/
>
> The package works well for my purposes (coexists peacefully with the
> main autoconf package). I would like to release autoconf-2.13 to
> unstable, what do people think about the idea and file layout, any
> thoughts or objections?

Well, automake is a combined package where all old versions are in it and
facilitating alternatives to switch it. This is mostly because automake
is build to use the specific version where autoconf is usually not.
In general the versionsuffix is sane IMHO and in this specific context also
probably acceptable.