[csw-maintainers] Subversion: ld: fatal: library -lsvn_client-1: not found

Nicolai Schwindt schwindt at dfki.uni-kl.de
Thu Mar 8 09:59:26 CET 2012

[...]
> -SVNLIB     = $(prefix)/lib/svn

This contains the needed lib, actually an old version

> +SVNLIB     = $(libdir)

This does not.

As you are staging into /home/maciej/src/opencsw/pkg/subversion/trunk/work/solaris10-sparc/pkgroot/
maybe setting  -inst-prefix-dir for libtool to this dir would help?
All the *.la's contain this reference.

BTW : Did you see the Ticket in mantis I reopened ? In the current version of
svn the python binding end up in /opt/csw/lib/svn/python/site-packages/ .
Which is by default not included in python.

And lookin into /home/maciej/src/opencsw/pkg/subversion/trunk/work/solaris10-sparc/pkgroot/
gives me the feeling this could happen again.

Nicolai