[csw-maintainers] Killing the stable release

Jeffery Small jeff at cjsa.com
Fri Mar 16 04:48:24 CET 2012

Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org> writes:

>How about pkg-get? How does that work if download don't work? Is it
>possible that it removes packages first, tries to download new ones,
>fails and you end up without some packages you had? I assume lots of
>users of stable are still on pkg-get.

Yes, please explain the status of pkg-get.  I have a complex UI front-end
that I use based upon pkg-get, so I have been reluctant to migrate to
pkgutil.  What are the ramifications of continuing to use pkg-get?

Also, could you explain just how stable "current/testing" is?  I see that a
bunch of packages were recently added, but I'm wondering just how safe it
is to update against this.  I really don't have a clear picture of what is
happening with opencsw these days.  Are there any plans for resuming the
weekly status updates for new and updated packages that Phil use to issue?

Regards,
--
Jeff

C. Jeffery Small           CJSA LLC                       206-232-3338
jeff at cjsa.com              7000 E Mercer Way, Mercer Island, WA  98040