[csw-maintainers] Problem with pkgutil automatic installation

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sat May 5 02:20:13 CEST 2012

Hi Jeff,

Try the -y option or, after seeing the list of changes, use the "a" for auto key at the prompt.

Thanks
-Ben

jeff at cjsa.com wrote:

I recently made the conversion from pkg-get to pkgutil. Now when I do
a full update (/opt/csw/bin/pkgutil -u), I am first prompted:

## packages to fetch. Do you want to continue? ([y],n,auto)

and then for each package I am repeatedly prompted:

Do you want to remove this package? [y,n,?,q]

and if dependency checks fail, I get:

Do you want to continue with the removal of this package [y,n,?,q]

Here is the content of /var/opt/csw/pkgutil/admin (mode 644):

action=nocheck
basedir=default
conflict=nocheck
idepend=nocheck
instance=overwrite
mail=
partial=nocheck
rdepend=nocheck
runlevel=nocheck
setuid=nocheck
space=nocheck

This was probably migrated forward from pkg-get, or else it is the default
admin file installed by pkgutil, as I have not modified this file in years.

Any suggestion as to why I am not getting fully automated installs and
updates?

Thanks.
--
Jeff

C. Jeffery Small CJSA LLC 206-232-3338
jeff at cjsa.com 7000 E Mercer Way, Mercer Island, WA 98040

.:: This mailing list's archive is public. ::.