[csw-maintainers] mgar usage feedback : documentation

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Tue May 8 10:23:28 CEST 2012

2012/4/22 Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>

> It's a little bit scattered: our main site, SourceForce, Wikidot. I
> managed to use my first recipe without pain excepting the looooong mgar
> up --all.

It's a one time thing, why not just start it, have a coffee, then come
back and continue?

> I think that showing how to extract specific recipes is
> better but I'll come back on this issue later.

It's true that documentation is scattered. In addition to these, we
also have this:

http://www.opencsw.org/manual/

...which is not officially released / published yet, but will be the
canonical place for the most static and important pieces of
documentation: getting started, etc. We already started putting links
to the manual from all the other places. It's an incremental work.
It's best if everyone helps with it, or at least reports to the list
things that can / should be moved and/or linked.