[csw-maintainers] mgar usage feedback : documentation

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Tue May 8 11:00:05 CEST 2012

"Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński" <maciej at opencsw.org> writes:

> 2012/4/22 Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>
>>
>> It's a little bit scattered: our main site, SourceForce, Wikidot. I
>> managed to use my first recipe without pain excepting the looooong mgar
>> up --all.
>
> It's a one time thing, why not just start it, have a coffee, then come
> back and continue?

No, it's not a one time affair; in my case I have done it 3 times as I
work on different systems, geographically disjoint... Not necessary
time and resources waste when I work only on some projects.

>> I think that showing how to extract specific recipes is
>> better but I'll come back on this issue later.
>
> It's true that documentation is scattered. In addition to these, we
> also have this:
>
> http://www.opencsw.org/manual/
>
> ...which is not officially released / published yet, but will be the
> canonical place for the most static and important pieces of
> documentation: getting started, etc. We already started putting links
> to the manual from all the other places. It's an incremental work.
> It's best if everyone helps with it, or at least reports to the list
> things that can / should be moved and/or linked.

Why it's not published? Publish it, make it clear where are the sources
of what you publish and people will contribute; I've done it already on
some wikis.
--
Peter