[csw-maintainers] board elections 2012

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Thu May 17 16:45:53 CEST 2012

Hi All,

This is (quite a bit) overdue so it's time to get it rolling.  The 1
year term of the board is up and we should elect a new board.  To get
things started, I created a wiki page at
http://wiki.opencsw.org/boardelection2012 where you can nominate
yourself for a place on the ballot.  For examples of what people wrote
in their self nominations last time, please see
http://wiki.opencsw.org/boardelection.

It would be nice to have lots of people step forward for a role on the
board.  The only requirement for nomination is that you're a member of
OpenCSW.  To be a member, you simply need to send mail to board@
indicating that you'd like full membership status.  The barrier to
being granted full membership status is that you're an active
maintainer of at least one package.

We can leave the nomination page open for a few weeks and evaluate
what that ballot would look like then.  If there isn't enough sign-up
interest, I'll stir the pot some more. :)

Thanks