[csw-maintainers] T4 crypto support in openssl 1.0

Yann Rouillard yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org
Thu May 24 09:26:36 CEST 2012

Hi Jan,

Here is a test you could do:

- launch the following commands with the current openssl:
openssl speed -evp aes-128-cbc
openssl speed -evp aes-192-cbc
openssl speed -evp aes-256-cbc

- then install openssl from my experimental repository and launch the
following commands:
openssl speed -engine t4 -evp aes-128-cbc
openssl speed -engine t4 -evp aes-192-cbc
openssl speed -engine t4 -evp aes-256-cbc

then compare !

Here are some benchmarks published on an oracle blog:
https://blogs.oracle.com/DanX/entry/sparc_t4_openssl_engine

Thanks for your help,

Yann