[csw-maintainers] checkpkg problem under Solaris 11 ?

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Fri May 25 13:07:59 CEST 2012

2012/5/25 Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>:
>> BTW, is this normal that we can't check against 5.11 ?
>
> Yes, it's normal in the sense that it has never been set up nor
> tested, it yet has to be done.

After a bit of digging around, I arrived at the obvious conclusion: On
Solaris 11, the /var/sadm/install/contents file does not contain any
information about system files. We need to implement a new method of
getting files into the database, or create a fake file that can be
used as a compatibility layer.

In other words, Solaris 11 is too different from Solaris 10 for our
code to just work.