[csw-maintainers] mgar question: repackage for platforms modulation

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Fri May 25 16:46:33 CEST 2012

2012/5/25  <pfelecan at opencsw.org>:
> I'm "playing" with checkpkg overrides and must re-do the packaging for all
> the platforms quite a few times.
>
> Using "replatforms" is the rough equivalent of "clean platforms" which
> means that everything is redone each time; quite longish for a big package
> such as Emacs with 3 specific modulations in addition to the platform
> ones.
>
> Using "repackage" does the job for only the current platform which is not
> enough when inter-architecture issues are tickling checkpkg...

Sometimes GAR doesn't generate what you think it generates. For
dealing with checkpkg, I recommend forgetting about GAR for a second
and examining the actual package. Either the easy way via the browser
(start with buildfarm.opencsw.org) or the hard way, using pkgtrans.
Going from the GAR recipe directly to checkpkg error tags is a long
way and you can easily get confused if you don't examine what's
checkpkg actually seeing.

> I there a shorter and more complete way of doing this[1]?

There are two very useful ones: platforms-remerge and platforms-repackage.