[csw-maintainers] checkpkg problem under Solaris 11 ?

Yann Rouillard yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org
Sat May 26 23:44:08 CEST 2012

2012/5/26 Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>

> 2012/5/25 Yann Rouillard <yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org>:
> > Do you need some help on this ?
>
> I could definitely use help! In this particular case, the code
> concerning the system files is here:
>

> http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/gar/v2/lib/python/system_pkgmap.py#L77
>
> It reads /var/sadm/install/contents and saves pickled data to disk. We
> need to either create a fake /var/sadm/install/contents file from IPS,
> or add code to system_pkgmap.py to read from IPS directly.

I suppose it would be better to read directly from IPS and avoid an
additional conversion step.

We can extract the same kind of informations from IPS using the following
command:

    pkg contents -o path,action.name,mode,owner,group,pkg.name -t
dir,file,hardlink,link

(however this interface is not guaranteed to be stable)
I can try to work on that but I have several questions:

 - the package name does have the same format (ex: SUNWbzip ->
compress/bzip2). Can it lead to some problem ?
At least the opencsw.PkgnameToCatName seems to work for svr4 package name
only.

 - reading at the code (
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/gar/v2/lib/python/system_pkgmap.py#L470
)
it seems that, in each /var/sadm/install/contents line, only f_path is
really important, but you also save the raw line. Is raw line information
used elsewhere ?

Yann