[csw-maintainers] The dublin release: remaining tasks

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Wed May 30 00:30:47 CEST 2012

UPDATE: I've restored a working state of the dublin catalog. Users who
have upgraded their packages in the meantime are a bit screwed, but
they can remove and reinstall versions from dublin as it stands now,
and that should fix problems.

As a bonus, we have a new catalog generating code which does not use
bldcat any more. It generates the catalog straight from the database.
Currently, there's no support for the timestamp, it's just a bare
bones one-line-per-package file.

Those interested in the catalog format, please review the code (115 lines):
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/gar/v2/lib/python/generate_catalog_file.py