[csw-maintainers] dublin* build hosts ready

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu May 31 10:44:57 CEST 2012

2012/5/31 Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>:
> Maciej: What do you think about pushing to the dublin catalog when being on
> dublin and using csw-upload-pkg ?

I tried to make up my mind about this, and couldn't. It boils down to
how should the script know which catalog to add the packages to?

Also, what safety checks can we have in place so that we don't insert
into dublin packages that have been built on unstable?

Using csw-upload-pkg sounds like a generally good idea, but I'm not
sure if the host name is a good signal for the script. Also, only the
login host has the auth tokens, so we'd either have to replicate them,
or change the auth mechanism.

My first thought was to just add a flag to csw-upload-pkg, for
example: --catalog-release. There is also a safety lock on the server
side[1] that ensures that only unstable can be modified this way. So
removing this option and adding --catalog-release to csw-upload-pkg
could suffice.

Maciej

[1] http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/gar/v2/lib/web/releases_web.py#L149