[csw-maintainers] GAR: DISTFILES documentation

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu May 31 22:43:28 CEST 2012

2012/5/31 Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>:
>> For quick fixes, you can use your SourceForge login and password to
>> authenticate and edit the wiki without waiting for others. Changes
>> appear on the timeline, so they can be reviewed by others. You know
>> better than anyone else what changes to make, and it's good to avoid
>> the middle man between your brain and the wiki.
>
> That I know and perused quite a lot when is in my competency domain.

Cool. I wanted to make sure that you're aware of it.

> What I'm asking here, specifically, something which is outside of the
> aforementioned domain, i.e., DISTFILES

Alright, I've put in a short description and removed the obsolete information.

I'm not sure what more would you like there to be. It's usually just
one file, the tarball, not much philosophy in there. If you have more
than one source file, then there's a lot more you have to do, like
custom unpack targets. That would be best described via an example. Is
that what you're looking for? What's your use case?