[csw-maintainers] python library directory

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sun Nov 4 10:12:07 CET 2012

Hi Romeo,

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 6:52 AM, Romeo Theriault
<romeotheriault at opencsw.org> wrote:

> Hi Ben, I'm in no rush on this but just want to make sure I'm not missing
> the bus in terms of rebuiding my python modules. Is it ready for us to make
> the changes and if so what changes need to be  made to conform to the new
> standard?

I haven't done much in the last few days as I've been in the middle of
moving but I'm hoping to get rolling again shortly.  On the
experimental10* boxes, I've been working through the package set and
placing updated packages in /home/experimental/python26-lib/.  As
needed, these updated versions are installed on the experimental
hosts.

If you want to build your modules now, that would be perfect.  I just
made python26-lib mode 1777 so that anyone can deposit packages.

Most packages are just a quick respin but not all.  Some break at a
post-install or post-merge step when they try to do something in the
legacy site packages directory.  I added $(SITE_PACKAGES) to the
python category file in GAR for use in these recipes.  Others break
for different reasons although nothing has taken too much time to
resolve so far.

I'm not doing any version bumps unless required for some reason.

My approach has been to work though the list doing dependencies first
and then checking them off on the wiki page:
http://wiki.opencsw.org/project-python2libdir

I've been doing any package required so far but if people want to
maintain ownership, they'll need to re-roll too...I don't mind going
through to do any fixup work required first though.

Thanks