[csw-maintainers] python library directory

Romeo Theriault romeotheriault at opencsw.org
Mon Nov 5 08:22:21 CET 2012

Hi Ben, Thanks for the update. I'll get started on doing some
tomorrow. But I have a few questions, see below:

On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 11:12 PM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
> I haven't done much in the last few days as I've been in the middle of
> moving but I'm hoping to get rolling again shortly.  On the
> experimental10* boxes, I've been working through the package set and
> placing updated packages in /home/experimental/python26-lib/.  As
> needed, these updated versions are installed on the experimental
> hosts.

I guess after you build them you're installing them on the
experimental10* hosts. I'm guessing I should do the same? Are you
doing any testing on them besides verifying they install fine?

> If you want to build your modules now, that would be perfect.  I just
> made python26-lib mode 1777 so that anyone can deposit packages.
>
> Most packages are just a quick respin but not all.  Some break at a
> post-install or post-merge step when they try to do something in the
> legacy site packages directory.  I added $(SITE_PACKAGES) to the
> python category file in GAR for use in these recipes.  Others break
> for different reasons although nothing has taken too much time to
> resolve so far.
>
> I'm not doing any version bumps unless required for some reason.
>
> My approach has been to work though the list doing dependencies first
> and then checking them off on the wiki page:
> http://wiki.opencsw.org/project-python2libdir

Ok.

> I've been doing any package required so far but if people want to
> maintain ownership, they'll need to re-roll too...I don't mind going
> through to do any fixup work required first though.

Thanks,
Romeo