[csw-maintainers] python library directory

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Thu Nov 8 22:28:16 CET 2012

Hi Romeo,

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 8:41 AM, Romeo Theriault
<romeotheriault at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hi Ben,  So I added:
>
> PACKAGING_PLATFORMS = solaris10-sparc solaris10-i386
>
> to my .garrc and building now works. Thanks.

Perfect.

> I am now seeing this when building pyzmq:
>
> CSWpy-pyzmq:
>  * Python compiled files are supposed to be compiled usingthe cswpycompile
>    class action script. For more information, see http://wiki.opencsw.org
>    /cswclassutils-package
> If any of the reported errors were false positives, you can override them
> pasting the lines below to the GAR recipe.
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWpy-pyzmq +=
> discouraged-path-in-pkgmap|/opt/csw/lib/python2.6/site-packages/zmq/ssh/tunnel.pyc
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWpy-pyzmq +=
> discouraged-path-in-pkgmap|/opt/csw/lib/python2.6/site-packages/zmq/tests/__init__.pyc
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWpy-pyzmq +=
> discouraged-path-in-pkgmap|/opt/csw/lib/python2.6/site-packages/zmq/tests/test_context.pyc

I suspect that your recipe has an EXTRA_MERGE_EXCLUDES line that
references the old python directory.  If you change your recipe to
subsitute /opt/csw/lib/python/ with $(SITE_PACKAGES)/ and run a
remerge package it should work out, I think.

> Also, not sure what the "Python compiled files are supposed to be
> compiled usingthe cswpycompile class action script" warning is about
> since it looks to me like the python files got compiled....

They tend to get built but we exclude them, preferring instead to
generate locally at install time.

Let me know if you have any more snags.

Thanks