[csw-maintainers] albumshaper removal

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Mon Nov 12 21:38:07 CET 2012

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 8:31 PM, Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 8:44 PM, Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński
> <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
>>
>> Do we really want that? What's the rationale behind it? On the camp we
>> talked that it's a good thing if we're not locking down packages to
>> specific people. Part of that is the change of wording to "Last uploaded by".
>
> I think that kind of change should have a vote or at least a proper
> discussion on the maintainers list.

I don't think that it will be a problem in reality.  Active
maintainers update their packages which means that someone else
doesn't need to.  A quick "mind if I update your package" is (and has
been) sufficient for a takeover...As long as we follow this simple
protocol there isn't a problem.  Unresponsive maintainers have always
been worked around in the way we're talking about now: by simply
building and releasing their packages to take them over.

This change isn't about making package takeover a free-for-all.

Thanks