[csw-maintainers] Bratislava

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sun Nov 25 12:24:42 CET 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 6:39 PM, Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> 2012/11/13 Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>:
>> Let's start a thread about the bratislava catalog. For starters, I'd
>> need a GARified CSWcommon, build for Solaris 9. Being a lazy bastard,
>> I'd like to ask if anyone's up for writing a build recipe for it? I'd
>> use it as the first upload to bratislava.
>
> I submitted a first step to build CSWcommon.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/changeset/19686
>
> It looks like GAR makes many assumptions that are not true for
> CSWcommon, such as depending on CSWcommon and stripping common
> directories by default. Some amount of special-casing in GAR will be
> necessary to produce the right pkgmap.

I wonder if it wouldn't be easier to omit GAR from the process of
building CSWcommon?  The makefile could override any required targets
to drive the packing commands directly.  It's a simple package without
much in the way of complexity and is already a bit of a special case.
We could even just have a script instead of a makefile?

Thoughts?

Thanks