[csw-maintainers] Cherry-picking unstable packages

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at opencsw.org
Thu Nov 29 12:59:55 CET 2012

Hello list.

We have a dizain solaris server here (at works), and I'm trying to push
the same software we use on other platforms on them. That's why I
packaged fusioninventory-agent and rsyslog recently.

My dilemn is that those packages are currently in the "unstable"
catalog, whereas my solaris hosts are currently configured to use tje
"testing" catalog, so I can't install them easily through pkgutil. I see
the following strategies:

1) wait for those packages to be available in "testing"
2) manually pull and install those packages from the mirror
3) switch all those hosts to use "unstable"

I don't have any ETA for 1, and 3 seems quite hazardous, so I think 2 is
the best compromise. However, if pkg-add is the functional equivalence
of rpm in linux world, I fear I'll have to resolve dependencies
manually... Is there any better tools to achieve it ?
--
BOFH excuse #231:

We had to turn off that service to comply with the CDA Bill.