[csw-maintainers] board vote

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue Oct 9 12:02:59 CEST 2012

> This is because you don't seem to be a member of the association:
>   http://wiki.opencsw.org/open-community-software-project-members
> Traditionally there has been a distinction of maintainers and members. You
> can apply
> informally by writing to board "I want to be a member" and it has never been
> declined ;-)
>
> @board: Should we unify the process that full maintainers are member by
> default?

I would say yes.  I can't think of a situation where we'd like to
exclude a maintainer from voting by default...and the opposite is easy
to handle as the maintainer can simply not vote.  The only
precondition for voting, in my understanding, is that the maintainer
must have at least one released package...By making these two groups
overlap almost entirely, we could generate a voting roster with an SQL
query in the web database which would be nice.

Ihsan:  I wonder if there is anything in the way the association was
founded that precludes extending membership by default?

Thanks