[csw-maintainers] board vote

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue Oct 9 12:10:31 CEST 2012

> The association can not "grab" you, you must apply for it by yourself. We could
> add this to maintainership application that you also apply for the association
> which will be granted after release of the first package.

Maybe we should make it so that you're not applying to be a maintainer
at all.  You're applying to be a member which grants the rights to be
a maintainer?  It's a change in the semantics of an application.  This
would remove the distinction almost entirely, which I think would be a
good thing.

Does anyone see an issue with such a change?

Thanks