[csw-maintainers] Problems with mapfile and linking

Jan Holzhueter jh at opencsw.org
Tue Sep 18 09:27:01 CEST 2012

Hi,
now with mapfile for libc 1.22.5 in place I have a problem with linking.

The function fdatasync is defined in 1.22.7 but also since forever in
librt. The auto* tool for samba do detect that correctly and add -lrt
for linking.
The Linker does still fails though with:

fdatasync                           ../lib/tdb/common/transaction.o
(symbol belongs to unavailable version /lib/libc.so (SUNW_1.22.7))

First thought was that -ignore might be a problem here so I removed it
didn't help.

I can build samba without fdatasync but this might hit us again so I'm
looking for a solution. There probably is none and it's a linker bug but
I don't know for sure :)

Greetings
Jan