[csw-maintainers] Openssl migration: status update 5 for group 1

Yann Rouillard yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org
Sat Sep 22 20:50:28 CEST 2012

Hi everybody,

Here is the last status update about the big ssl migration group 1 which is
still waiting to come out.

Now only 3 packages are now waiting to be updated or dropped and they all
belong to one software. it's *boincclient, boinclibs and boincmanager*.
I will ping Eric again but I think I will tell him that we will release the
group 1 without waiting for its packages if he can't work on them quickly.
This is not a critical package like postfix and the risk of side effects
will be limited to its packages after we release all the softwares from
group 1.

Since the last update Juraj compiled and released *postfix* and I am
currently removing *courier_imap, courier_auth and maildrop* from the
mirrors as no one stepped up to take over the packages.

So I will release the group 1 really soon. If you want to make sure that
everything is ok, just install them on your computers:
  pkgutil -t
http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/opencsw/experimental/openssl-relinking-group1-Uu

Best regards,

Yann